Thursday 2 February 2012

A Special Kind of Bonding

Mon took off yesterday with the family to go to a Monk ceremony out of town.  I decided to stay behind with Bow and Sa hoping to have some bonding time.  Which is exactly what Sa and I did.  It wasn't the usual bonding ritual though, like watching a movie or sitting and talking.  Instead we bonded by chasing after pieces of the roof and searching for a missing dog.  But before I get to all that I will start off with this morning.  After having breakfast Sa and I took the scooters to Bow's school to enroll Taiten.  After which we went to the University (Sa's school).  There I met some of her friends who were very nice.  She said they wished to speak to me but unfortunately know no english.  One of her guy friends even asked Sa to introduce us and mentioned she should bring me to visit more often. :P
We were having a pleasant evening Sa and I talking, cleaning the fish tanks, and sweeping the driveway.    That was until the black ominous cloud that lay over head split open, forcing us inside.  I have never experienced a rain storm as violent as this one!  It made the one in Pichit look like a pansy.  Not even exaggerating!  
Sa and I sat inside helpless as we watched the canopy to the pool disappear piece by piece.  The house slowly flooded with water and even the vast amount of towels we used couldn't keep up.  Soon we were consumed in total darkness the only light eliminating the way was the lightening outside and a flashlight I had grabbed.  We were forced to go outside only when the tarp over the garage broke free and wrapped itself around one of the scooters.  Just after we managed to cut the tarp free Mon and the others arrived home.  We welcomed them home with the gift of wet feet.  
We spent the rest of the evening kicking it old school, eating dinner by candle light. Thank goodness for a propane stove or we would have been feasting off bread and a few vegetables.  Well at least I would have been. :P  We splashed our way around the house until the power came back on a few hours later.  After the house was cleaned we went in search of the missing roof pieces.  In total three pieces had broken off.  One managed to stay in the yard.  Another took off and landed itself in the neighbours garage just missing his vehicle.  But Sa and her dad couldn't manage to find the third piece.  I went outside to help with the search only to find it moments later at the bottom of the pool.  Looks like I will be going for a swim tomorrow. :P
P.S. The dog came back on its own :)  The thunder and lightening scared it into hiding.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that would have been scary. Glad the family came home and rescued you!! xox

    ReplyDelete