Thursday 9 February 2012

Disadvantages of Being a Ginger

Being the amazing, wonderful person I am I went outside to work on the pool today.  I slaved away at this task for about 45 minutes, after which I played soccer with the cat (no joke) and went to pick up Bow with Sa.
<<--- This picture is of me before I worked on the pool.

                         This is about three hours later  --->>

This even happened while wearing +30 sunblock and applying it twice.  I guess the sun didn't appreciate me trying to do something nice and showed this by turning me into a lobster.  You just can't win against the sun when you are a ginger.

Even with all the benefits of being a ginger like having such an amazing hair color and hundreds of freckles,  increased sensitivity to the sun is a bummer.  Though the sun is not always my friend I am thankful that it brings back my freckles and changes my eye color.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha i hear ya :) I have a bit more blonde in me then you but I have ALL the same issues lol we can just thank whoever we got these genes from in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Sharyse, I fry easily too but grandma was always brown ... sunscreen and a wide-brimmed hat helps somewhat. Maybe this is a clue why Thais and other tropical locals cover themselves up! Sounds like you're feeling better. xox

    ReplyDelete