Wednesday 29 February 2012

Two Months

Officially today I have been in Thailand for two months.  And what a crazy, insane, fun, and eye opening experience those two months have been.  I am glad that I have been able to share my wonderful experiences with everyone through my blog.  Thailand is a wonderful place and I recommend anyone coming down here to experience the rich and captivating culture.
When I first planned to come down here I was originally planning on going back home in May which is only two months away.  Unfortunately I have grown attached to this country and the family and have decided to extend my stay.  For some of you I know this is very upsetting since you have been counting down the days till I come home :P  For those of you who are now weeping I do have good news.  I will be coming home in time for summer break. :)
So for my next grand adventure I'm heading to Taiwan Friday to visit a friend doing an exchange there.  I am very lucky not only to get this opportunity but to be arriving the day before "The Sacrifice."  The Taiwanese people sacrifice a Canadian to the gods to bring them wealth and good luck.  This is mainly the reason that I have been invited at this particular time.  I have a fifteen percent chance of getting picked so wish me luck!  Haha just joking, they actually sacrifice Americans.  I will tell you all about the sacrifice on Saturday :)
Wishing my parents a safe trip to Las Vegas and hoping I make it to Taiwan and back in one piece.

1 comment: