Sunday 5 February 2012

Working Hard

Today was another eventful day!  We started off the morning by digging a huge hole.  "What for?" you may be asking.  They figured that if anything happened to me during my stay that that would be the best way to conceal my body.  The ironic thing is I helped and wasn't told about its intended purpose until after the fact.  Haha all jokes aside we really did dig a hole today.  The true nature of its existence is for water drainage from the house.

In reference to my blog yesterday I have proof that Thai's are actually crazy enough to completely cover their bodies while working outside in +30 degrees.  While digging the hole today Peelawon (Sa's mom) was sporting this outfit.  
  If you don't know anything about Peelawon (which most of you don't) all you need to know is that she is a tremendously hard worker.  At least half that hole, which is about two heads taller than I am, was all her doing!  Mon and Sak (Sa's dad) shared the other half.  It was incredible to see them go at this thing with only that tiny little shovel-like object and a dust pan like bucket.  After the hole was finished we lowered the cement foundations in.  It was hard work!  I even managed to break a sweat, which is very unusual for me since I send most my days reading by the pool.  
When we were coming inside I noticed that the left side of Wrinkle's face was swollen.  I first thought that his cheek bone was broken but it turns out he had been bitten by a snake that was hanging around the house.  Once we were washed up Mon, Sa, Bow, and I went to the night market.  I'm in love!  The smell from all the little shops was amazing!!  The place was huge.  It had to have been at least four blocks deep, and close to two blocks wide.  It has such a relaxing environment about it as well.  It was a great way to end the day :) 

1 comment: