Monday 30 January 2012

To Eat or Not to Eat


Taiten came home from the hospital today and after a total of six IV's is 100% back to normal.  
So the number one question people asked me when I first arrived in Thailand was "How is the food?"  The majority of people believe Thai food is spicy, foreign, and strange.  I will admit that was my assumption before I came down here.  That statement is somewhat true, but don't worry you can find all western style foods down here as well.  Each week I'm going to try post a blog showcasing some of Thailand's strange and unique food.  
<This fruit is called a Mangosteens.  You eat only the white pieces inside, which taste like a starburst candy.  We have to buy bags full of these since they get eaten so fast in this family.
Like back home chicken and pork are very popular.  Unlike back home absolutely nothing is wasted.  People down here enjoy eating everything! Intestines, guts, and even feet of animals such as chicken and pigs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment