Sunday 15 January 2012

Just Another Day In Paradise

Today was an eventful day.  We started it off by going to the Kamphaeng Phet Historical Park to look at the ruins.  They are absolutely amazing!  Unfortunately Mon only stopped at the Wat Chang Rob and drove through the rest of the park.  I will have to go back another time and walk around and get more pictures.  
Wat Chong Rob
After the Historical Park we went to the Kamphaeng Phet Hot Springs where we got some nice photos and putted around in a paddle boat.  Unfortunately I made the mistake of letting Bow steer the boat, which she guided right under the water fountain, and ended up getting soaked. 
                             
So after walking around the park (trying to dry off) and having a bowl of soup, which I successfully ate with chopsticks, we went to another park by the river.  There we painted clay sculptures.  Some of us painted them with a brush while others decided to use their hands.  You would have thought that four year old Taiten would be the one using his hands to paint, not eleven year old Bow.  
After painting and Bow had washed her hands, we went to Big C, which is the equivalent to Walmart back home, to do some grocery shopping.  Once we were back at the house Taiten, Bow, and I went swimming and then worked on some english together.  While I helped them with their english they helped me with my Thai.  

My vocabulary has increased significantly!  I'm actually quite proud of how much I have been able to retain in such a short period of time.  And with the amount of words that I have learned I'm starting to understand them when they talk.  Now they can't talk bad about me while I'm around :P 

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of the 3 of you. I love the little boat. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete