Monday 19 March 2012

Thai Fruit

I find that I'm always eating down here but almost all of it is fruit.  It's like I'm preparing myself for some kind of fruit hibernation.  "Going back to Williams Lake hibernation," since I won't have the luxury of indulging on fruit so easily back home.  One day after I had been here a month I consumed two containers of strawberries, four kiwi's, three banana's and half a watermelon.  I even ate a whole pineapple one day.

Here are a few of the more unique fruit that I have tried during the duration of my stay.

This is called a rose apple.  Hence its name you may be able to guess that it is similar in taste to an apple.  I find it a lot sweeter and juicer than one though.  They either come in green, like this one, or in red.  





Got to admit I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Fruit.  I don't like the texture which is a big deal to me when it comes to fruit.  I can't eat fresh coconut meat since it makes me gag and I shy away from anything but Thailand and green bananas.  I absolutely love the bananas down here, since they are much sweeter than back home.






I love guava!  I find it very refreshing.  Did you know in Japanese it is called Guaba and in Spanish, Guayaba.  Just a fun fact for you. :)     







  

No comments:

Post a Comment