Sunday 27 May 2012

Decedents of Apes

It is predicted that during the course of evolution humans evolved from monkeys.  I don't know about all humans but Thai people sure did.  Traditional grooming routines for woman include plucking grey hair out of one another's scalps, plucking each others arm pit hair, and not shaving.  
When I first came down to Thailand Mon considered me weird for shaving my legs routinely and kept saying how lucky I was to be able to grow hair on my legs.  I explained to her how back home its considered gross for women to have hairy legs and that people would kill to have hair-free legs like her.  That's one thing I absolutely love about travelling.  You are always able to learn about another cultures perspective on simple things such as hair removal.
Since they don't shave their legs their are no woman razors down here.  The only razors they have is for men which are mostly used for Monks.  I brought down two razors from Canada and came across the misfortune of breaking them.  I had to make the choose to either go oh natural for two months or buy a mens razor.  I went with the mens despite friends suggesting I unless the inner hippy.
Thai people also pick their noses.  I absolutely can't stand how casual they do it and I don't think I ever be able too.  If your going to pick your nose do it behind closed doors is my opinion.  I love how you will see people pick their nose and than touch something that a hundred other people are going to touch right after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment