Monday 14 May 2012

Back in Kamphaeng Phet

When I got home there was a few changes around the place.  A few days after I left Mon held a house blessing ceremony.  Just like every other ceremony nine monks were present.  String was wrapped around the entire house and was held onto while they chanted.  The string is supposed to be left hanging around the house, forever, to keep the evil spirits out and to bring good luck to the family.
I got a warm welcome back home.  The kids said they missed me and I was happy to see them.  Even though I was gone for only two weeks the kids had grown a bit during that time.  Sa had also grown significantly during the period of time I was absent.  
Five Months
Another one who is growing up is Peelawon and Sak's puppy out at the village.  The cute ball of fur is now turning into a bit of a brat.  Mud puddles are her favourite past time and she thinks she can play with the big dogs.
 The first night back at the house I had an encounter with a snake.  As I was making my way to the bathroom I went to step over what I believed to be one of Taiten's toys.  As I was doing so though it moved.  I quickly ran and turned on the night to reveal a snake.  The next night as I was walking into the bathroom I encountered a huge rat that was making its way back up to the roof. 



No comments:

Post a Comment