Thursday 26 April 2012

University

Needed to relieve me from this heat!
Sorry I have been neglecting those of you who look to see if I have posted another blog daily.  I have been super busy.  The day after I got back from Chiang Mai the family and I went out camping at the waterfall.  We actually spent two nights out there this time.  It was relaxing but bloody hot!  The week that Songkran is held is during the hottest time of the year for Thailand, which is a blessing.  I guess I didn't feel the heat when I was constantly wet for an entire weekend but holy man did I feel it when I got back to Kamphaeng Phet.  Taking a dip in the pool is only a temporary relief.  Fans sure as hell don't help that much.  My body is sweating in places I didn't even know existed.
Once we got back from camping I have been frantically trying to figure out my travel plans for the next week and a half.  I have plans to go to Phuket for three days, then I am meeting up with a friend, from Sweden who is studying in Singapore, on Koh Phi Phi Island.  For those of you who know Christopher Bohlin, it is his oldest sister that I will be meeting up with.  Her friend, and her friend's friend are also going to join us.  I am going to spend three days on Koh Phi Phi Island before I head over to Malaysia to do a visa run.
Koh Phi Phi
Figuring out my visa run has me pulling out my hair!!!  I have been trying to find a cheap way to go from Phuket to Penang and than coming back to Bangkok.  Trying to save as much money as possible since I got accepted into University!!!!!! :)  Since my parents are in Mexico with my grandparents, Kathy who is looking after our house for us informed us of the exciting news.  My mom asked her to open up the letter to see if I was accepted or not and thankfully I was! :)  I was so excited I screamed, scaring the crap out of Taiten, after which I started to cry.  Bow and Taiten were both very confused but I told them I was crying cause I was really happy.  For those of you who don't know I have been accepted into the registered nursing program in Thomspons River University.  
In the evening when I went to the market with Mon I celebrated by buying myself  two pairs of jeans.  They cost me a total of thirteen dollars.  I'm going to be such a cheap bastard when I get home.  I'm going to try bargain for everything, 7/11, Safeway, you name it.  I will be the crazy woman at the cash register trying to get the cashier to lower the price for me.  I can just picture it now.... "1.50 for a bottle of water!?!?  Are you joking me.  In Thailand I can get a bottle of water twice this size for 50 cents.  How about I make you a deal.  I will give you a dollar and I'm not going any higher.  Deal?"  Can you imagine the reaction I would receive.  I might actually go home and do this just for giggles.  I could have a lot of fun back home.  Go back to work at McDonalds and say the amount owed to customers in Thai.  I would need to get really good at numbers though.  I have trouble quickly converting numbers from one language to another.  I just need to keep practicing them and hopefully I will have it down pat  by the time I go home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment