Thursday 26 April 2012

Funny Things My Thai Family Does


Mon
While at the market one of the ladies asked Mon if I was her daughter.  When we were walking away Mon said "I wanted to kill her.  I'm not that old."
Mon asked me if I wanted to have some chicken with sticky rice to eat.  When I told her I wasn't hungry she said "You are getting skinny.  When you go back home you will be a sexy lady."
Mike
When we were out camping Mike mentioned to Mon about bringing out a table next time.  He was describing the table to Mon and due to his thai-english habit said "You know the one that folds open."


Taiten
"Taiten how old are you?" I asked him one day for part of his english.  "I'm not old," was his reply.
Bow
I wanted to know how to get to the market from the house so I asked Bow for directions.  "Well you turn right, then left, then go straight and straight again, then turn left, left, right, and then.... park the truck."
I was trying to explain the word spontaneous to Bow so I gave the example of waking up one morning and deciding to go sky diving.  Her reply was "Do you wash your face, or take a shower first?"
Bow and I were watching one of their stupid TV series.  I asked her why she liked to watch them.  "I think this guy is really good looking," she said pointing to the TV screen.  Just as she pointed to the screen it changed to an old bald man who was wearing lipstick.  "You like that guy?!" I laughed.  "NO, NO!!  This one."  And yet again the screen switched again on her.



Sa
Sa, Bow, and I were in the kitchen.  I asked Sa, since she is pregnant how many months she was.  She replied "Five years I have had the baby," patting her stomach.  She soon realized her mistake but it allowed for a good chuckle.
Mama
I was skyping with my mom one day and Mama came into the room.  She looked at me talking to my computer and came to check it out.  I told Mama that it was my mom I was talking to and when she went to get a better look, it looked like she was going to do a face plant into the computer screen, she got so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment