Thursday 5 April 2012

Bad Communication



Bow and I stayed home while the rest of the family went to the village to help Peelawon pick potatoes.  The plan was I would stay home with Bow and take her to Taekwondo at four by scooter.  I would then come back home and wait for Mew to pick me up at the house at five, so that I could go teach her english.
So four o'clock finally arrived.  I had tried to contact both Mew and her mom but heard nothing from them.  I dropped Bow off at Taewkondo and went next door to Mew's sister's hair salon, to ask her if she could contact her mom to see if I was going to be teaching Mew today.  I was told that her mom would be coming to pick me up to take me to her house to teach Mew.  Even after trying to explain multiple times that I needed her to pick me up at the house since I didn't want to ride the motorcycle back in the dark, no one understood me.  Finally Mew's mom came to the hair salon and told me to follow her to the house on the motorcycle.


Once we got to Mew's house I got her to call Mon.  They talked for a moment, and then I tried to explain to Mon what was going on.  After we had finished talking to Mon, Mew's mom told me that Mew would come back to the house to learn with me.  I figured this was so that I wouldn't have to drive the scooter back in the dark.  As I was following the two of them they pulled off to the side of the road.  Both of them got out of the vehicle and told me that Mew wasn't feeling well and that she would learn with me next week.

So I drove back home a little pissed off I had gone on this wild goose chase only to find out it was for absolutely nothing.  When I arrived home to better my mood I found out that Bow hadn't left the key for the house in the scooter like I had asked.  I went to call Mon and tell her but I had no more money on my phone.  I thought no problem I will wait since Bow would be done Taekwondo in a few minutes and then they would head home.  An hour passed and still no one came home.  Finally after an hour and a half, which at that point it had started to rain, I desperately looked for a way into the house.  I found a huge rock in the drive way and threw it through the kitchen window which I climbed through.  Haha had you guys going there didn't I :P  The truth is I went and checked all the windows to see if any of them had been left open.  I was super lucky to find that Sa's bedroom window had been left open and the screen was as well.  So I climbed through that.  Once Mon and the kids got back home I got to fill them in about my eventful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment