Thursday 5 April 2012

Monkey Mountain

Ling Mountain
Mon, Bow, Taiten, Sa, Tha, Mama, and I went up to ling (monkey) mountain.  Another incredible experience during my stay here.  There are hundreds of monkeys, which all come down the mountain during the day.                        
Most of the monkeys were well behaved but there was a handful of them that were pretty cheeky.  Sa had not only one but two different monkeys snatch food right out of her hand.                                     Bow was trying to get a picture of me handing food to one of the monkeys.  Instead of the monkey taking the food that I was offering him, he just stared me down before he slapped my hand.  This evidently knocked all the food out of my hand, after which he just walked away.  
Some of the monkeys were really polite and friendly though.  Most of the monkeys would take the food right out of your hand nicely.  Even if you didn't have food in your hand they would inspect them just to make sure.  I even had one monkey grab ahold of my finger and hold onto it gently.  He did this for a while so Bow managed to get a really nice picture of it.                                     One of the monkeys thanked Bow for the food by pooping on her.  We laughed about it after we kicked her out of the vehicle and she had gotten cleaned up and the stench went away.  I would go back there in a heart beat!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment