Saturday 31 December 2011

Rules of the Road

So while I am in Thailand my form of transportation will be by scooter.  For you back home you may be laughing at the image of me riding such.  I haven't gotten a picture of me riding one yet to know just how dorky I look, but I feel pretty badass doing so.
The rules for driving down here are pretty simple:
1.  Only the driver must wear a seatt belt
2.  Only the driver must wear a helmet (scooter)
3.  Drive on the left side of the road (opposite from home)
4.  If you run someone over back up and run them over again to make sure they are dead.  It's way cheaper that way.  This is usually just a joke but it does happen.

Taiten, Bow, and me riding in the back of the truck
You are allowed to ride in the back of trucks, allowed to pass whenever you want, and there really isn't any followed speed limit.  If you ever get pulled over, most times you are able to get out of a ticket by being pleasant and slipping the officer a bit of money.

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. I'm not quite sure what good a seatbelt on a scooter would be, lol and please make sure that you are not the one being driven over twice to make sure your dead.

    Where's your treat? I see Taiten and Bow had one, were you scared?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured most people would know that I meant a car when I put seatbelt and helmet for school. I had already finished mine before the picture was taken. They are coke popsicles.

    ReplyDelete